Ray Dalio Quotes
Ray Dalio Net Worth, Background, and Quotes
Ray Dalio is the founder of Bridgewater Associates, one of the world’s biggest hedge funds with over $150 billion under management. He is also a best selling author, investor, billionaire, and philanthropist.
Dalio was featured in Times 100 most influential people in the world back in 2012.
Some of the quotes below are about trading specifically, however, Dalio is known for his teachings for success in work and life from his book Principles.
Ray Dalio Net Worth
Curious what the latest Ray Dalio Net Worth is?
As of July 26, 2020, Dalio’s Net Worth is $18.6 billion. That net worth makes him the 69th richest person in the world and 26th on the Forbes 400 list.
Ray Dalio Quotes
1. To make money in the markets, you have to think independently and be humble. – Ray Dalio
3. If you’re not failing, you’re not pushing your limits, and if you’re not pushing your limits, you’re not maximizing your potential. – Ray Dalio
4. Choose your habits well. Habit is probably the most powerful tool in your brain’s toolbox. – Ray Dalio
5. If you can’t successfully do something, don’t think you can tell others how it should be done. – Ray Dalio
6. There are two broad approaches to decision making: evidence/logic-based (which comes from the higher-level brain) and subconscious/emotion-based (which comes from the lower-level animal brain). – Ray Dalio
7. If you are not aggressive, you are not going to make money, and if you are not defensive, you are not going to keep money. – Ray Dalio
8. School typically doesn’t prepare young people for real-life – unless their lives are spent following instructions and pleasing others. In my opinion, that’s why so many students who succeed in school fail in life. – Ray Dalio
9. Mistakes are the path to progress. – Ray Dalio
10. The more you think you know, the more closed-minded you’ll be. – Ray Dalio
11. More than anything else, what differentiates people who live up to their potential from those who don’t is a willingness to look at themselves and others objectively. – Ray Dalio
12. I saw that to do exceptionally well you have to push your limits and that, if you push your limits, you will crash and it will hurt a lot. You will think you have failed—but that won’t be true unless you give up. – Ray Dalio
13. Listening to uninformed people is worse than having no answers at all. – Ray Dalio
14. I learned that if you work hard and creatively, you can have just about anything you want, but not everything you want. Maturity is the ability to reject good alternatives in order to pursue even better ones. – Ray Dalio
15. If you don’t look on yourself and think, ‘Wow how stupid I was a year ago,’ then you must not have learned much in the last year. – Ray Dalio
16. Don’t mistake possibilities for probabilities. Anything is possible. It’s the probabilities that matter. Everything must be weighed in terms of its likelihood and prioritized. – Ray Dalio
17. Most of life’s greatest opportunities come out of moments of struggle; it’s up to you to make the most of these tests of creativity and character. – Ray Dalio
18. Great people are hard to find so make sure you think about how to keep them. – Ray Dalio
19. Most fundamental work principle: Make your passion and your work one and the same and do it with people you want to be with. – Ray Dalio
20. Look for people who have lots of great questions. Smart people are the ones who ask the most thoughtful questions, as opposed to thinking they have all the answers. Great questions are a much better indicator of future success than great answers. – Ray Dalio