Warren Buffett Net Worth, Background, and Quotes
When you need advice, stock market related or not, Warren Buffett quotes are very valuable. Warren Buffett is one of the most highly respected investors of all time.
Even if you are not an active investor you have heard Warren’s name before in the newspapers or on TV. Over his years of investing and successfully running Berkshire Hathaway to this day has shared a lot of pieces of wisdom.
He is able to simplify complex ideas into short actionable advice and that is what makes him so quotable. Below we share 30 of our favorite Warren Buffett Quotes of all time.
Warren Buffett Net Worth
Wondering what the latest Warren Buffet Net Worth is?
He has built his net worth to over $84 Billion currently leaving him as the fourth richest person in the world (2021).
Warren Buffett Quotes
1.“Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.” – Warren Buffett
2. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” – Warren Buffett
3. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.” – Warren Buffett
4. “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” – Warren Buffett
5. “Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding. Lose a shred of reputation for the firm, and I will be ruthless.” – Warren Buffett
6. “There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.” – Warren Buffett
7. “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.” – Warren Buffett
8. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
9. “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
10. “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they’re doing.” – Warren Buffett
11. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
12. “Successful Investing takes time, discipline, and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time: You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.” – Warren Buffett
13. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.” – Warren Buffett
14. “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ.” – Warren Buffett
15. “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
16. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.” – Warren Buffett
17. “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.” – Warren Buffett
18. “Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.” – Warren Buffett
19. “I believe in giving my kids enough so they can do anything, but not so much that they can do nothing.” – Warren Buffett
20. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.” – Warren Buffett
21. “You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.” – Warren Buffett
22. “Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.” – Warren Buffett
23. “The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.” – Warren Buffett
24. “Beware [of] the investment activity that produces applause; the great moves are usually greeted by yawns.” – Warren Buffett
25. “We don’t have to be smarter than the rest. We have to be more disciplined than the rest.” – Warren Buffett
26. “In the short term, the market is a popularity contest. In the long term, the market is a weighing machine.” – Warren Buffett
27. “I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars; I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.” – Warren Buffett
28. “Long ago, Ben Graham taught me that ‘Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” – Warren Buffett
29. “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.” – Warren Buffett
30. “Never depend on a single income. Make investments to create a second source.” – Warren Buffett